MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

My trailer lights are not working and no electricity is coming

Customer Question

My trailer lights are not working and no electricity is coming from the mercedes trailer light plug. I suspect the fuse.
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to change the fuse myself. No M dealer in the area. Can you point out the fuse(s) that allow power to flow from the mercedes factory light hitch?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My omly option is to fix it myself. in the middle of Idaho with no trailer lights and have determined the GL side of the equasion is the issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what kind of lights does your trailer have? regular incandescent or led?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Regular. I found the fuse box under back seat and chart lists 6 fuses that operate the trailer hitch lights. 101 111 115 126 128 130. How will I know if one or more is blown?
ok, if a fuse was blown it will have a black burn mark in the center where the small metal tang touches from side to side
there is a issue with the mercedes trailer lights, if they do not sense enough resistance then the plug will not be powered. what year is your mercedes and what model?