Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

C 300 Sedan: I have a Mercedes 2016 300 C sedan. I love it

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 2016 300 C sedan. I love it but its rides hard since it has run flat tires. I want to reduce the tire pressure to soften the ride. Can I do that or Do i need to get conventional tires with a better ride?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If you reduce the air pressure your low tire pressure light will come on and can to a point if to low can cause ride issues as well.I recommend checking with a tire facility to see what they can come up with for tires (and most likely wheels as well) to match the same rolling circumfrence as your tires and wheels now so this doesnt throw out any faults to give you a better ride.Usually then can match this up and install them for you as well.The lower pressure is o.k. as long as it is not tire damaging and also as long as no warning lights come on on the dash at all. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete