MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have a whinning sound in passengers side rear of E320 change

Customer Question

I have a whinning sound in passengers side rear of E320 change everything in rear that moves and still whines
JA: I have yet to hear of a sound the mechanics can't identify. They're real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought a 1999 e320 with 167000 on it everything is nice but a whinning sound in rear passengers side. I changed everthing from rear end to drive shaft and it still has it on the same side.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am very much so it has cost me a small fortune for all the new parts and still does it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced every moving part from Trans back.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: I have changed Trans fluid and filter and the plug for the electric in trans.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello, can you give me some intel on how and when the whine occurs?