MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

Sprinter 3500: 2013 Sprinter3500 ambulance. My guys are stuck

Customer Question

2013 Sprinter3500 ambulance. My guys are stuck at a hospital, said it was giving them the DEF countdown, they filled DEF earlier today, countdown continued and now won't start. I disconnected battery thinking it would reset, but it's still locked out. HOW CAN I GET THIS THING BACK TO OUR STATION???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist once the countdown is done, it needs to be diaged and repaired. once the repair is confirmed and the ecm does not see the same code, it can be cleared and the van will run. what you can try is to call a freightliner dealer and see if they have sprinter service. ours does and we did road calls. they can take the x sentry computer out to the van and try to clear the code that way to get it to run. going back to your shop is not an option. it needs to go to a repair shop and have the fault repaired unless you can do the repairs at your most cases, the failure is the ad blue pump for the aftertreatment system. common failure. but the code will help identify the area of failure. Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
how are you making out