Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Pearl, I have replaced a faded switch button on 560SL 87

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have replaced a faded switch button on 560SL 87 climate control (after removing all parts form dash) then returned all back in place. When I started the AC to test, it blows only heat (no cold air)! What could be the reason?
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if you guide me!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced a faded switch button on 560SL 87 climate control (after removing all parts form dash) then returned all back in place. When I started the AC to test, it blows only heat (no cold air)! What could be the reason?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: A/C was okay blowing cold air before I did this!
JA: What else should I tell the Mercedes Mechanic?
Customer: Nob
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. I assume that you have replaced the pushbutton control unit in the center of the dash. If you are only getting heat after replacing the unit I would make sure that you plugged the connectors in properly and that you did not somehow reverse the two connectors. I'd also reinstall the old switch to see if it blows cold. You might have received a defective or incorrect pushbutton switch. Also check all of the fuses in the fuse box to be sure that none are blown or making bad connections.Let me know if you need further assistance with this.Marty