Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

The car will not turn over. The steering wheel and shifter

Customer Question

The car will not turn over. The steering wheel and shifter is locked. The battery is new. The remote unlocks the doors fine. The panic switch works fine. The panic switch turns off when put into the ignition switch. I tried shaking the steering wheel and it still does nothing. The fuses look fine. Any other suggestions?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is something simple that I can try.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not that I am aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem is typically caused by a bad key or a bad ignition switch or a bad steering lock. If you have a second key that would be the first thing to try. If your second key acts the same way you will most likely need to replace the ignition switch or steering lock.Let me know if you have any questions.