Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

SRS light on JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

SRS light on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a generic scanner,,but I cant find the answer,,,I an a mechanic as well,,not Mercedes though
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just put on the scanner but shows no codes
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: has been in an accident,,,I just bought it and don't have history
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need to find out if your specific scan tool can read Mercedes SRS codes. The vast majority of aftermarket code readers cannot. If you are not sure, I need the brand and model number of your scan tool and I can tell you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a Harbor freight model 60794 OBD II & CAN with ABS
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
got to go for supper
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Ok, checked thru the manufacturer as well as reading its 84 page manual. This scan tool ONLY reads powertrain codes which is your engine, transmission and emissions, and ABS codes. It does NOT read SRS codes for any vehicle.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks