Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

Slk Kompressor: my 2000 mercedes slk230 kompressor check engine

Customer Question

my 2000 mercedes slk230 kompressor check engine light is on and it dosen't want to rev up when i mash the gas peddle.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could notbe running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the relay located and the fuse? Is the fuel pump in the tank?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still waiting on an answer from my last question!
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
hello yes the fuel pump is inside the tank and the relay module is also know as the K40 module and there's a common fault with these can you can kfx yourself see here