Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2006 clk350 and a OBD code of p0015. There is no

Customer Question

I have a 2006 clk350 and a OBD code of p0015. There is no check engine light. All monitors are in ready status.
Will my car pass emissions testing in massachusetts? I am pretty sure thsat it passed previously with the same condition.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. It all depends on if the emissions testing facility plugs in their scan tool to check fault codes.If they do they will see this code and will stop it from passing emissions.This may be something as simple as replacing a cam position sensor as this can be common.I would have this diagnosed and repaired further to locate and repair the fault here then the code cleared to correct this fault.Then the vehicle will need driven for up to 2 weeks or a special drive procedure done to then let the monitors all run and pass.I will post the driving procedure here that needs done to speed this along to pass for you. Cold Start The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa. The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F). The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F). The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other. The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts. The fuel level is between 15-85 percent. Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.Turn OFF all of the accessories, Set the vehicle parking brake. Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions. Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature. Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes. Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes. Deceleration to (0 mph). Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained: The service brake is depressed. The automatic transmission is in drive. The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete