Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Pearl JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am a used car dealer...have a ML350 with ck eng light on.....just beginning to explore
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If we can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.This needs done with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle or a dealers sds machine.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.If this has been done and you have the code post it here.There is a large number of codes and faults that can occur to turn on the check engine light this is why the codes do need checked to locate and repair this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete