Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

74 Mercedes 450 SL Previously talked worked with Marty I

Customer Question

74 Mercedes 450 SL
Previously talked worked with Marty
I found my car had an after market fuel pump and filter. I replaced with the correct Bosch units but now fuel pump does not work where it did before. The fuse (#14) is good. I believe there is a relay but not sure where it is and how to test. What voltage should I be getting at the the pump as well
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have had no response, whats up?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually you would have 12 volts DC on the power feed and a ground and usually the 12 volts is a switched on feed from the fuel pump relay and fuse.If you do not have this voltage check for any broken or damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced for this fault here.If this is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Found the relay above the fuse box. Pulled relay and cleaned the postsPlugged in and works now
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
That is great to hear. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete