Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I just convert front air spring suspension to coil spring.

Customer Question

Hi, I just convert front air spring suspension to coil spring. how can I deactivate the suspension message.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2008 Mercedes GL550
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: jumping the circuit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: after converting system stock on SPORT mode
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If you can,speak with the company you purchased the coil springs from and see if they have a conversion kit for this.In some cases they may have a harness for each air spring connection to fake out the signal to turn off this message here.The only other way is to see if you can get a dealer or service center to reprogram the computer to disable this message here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your reply
unfortunately your answer did not help due to no conversion harness kit and dealer won't do any system modification to the vehicle.
that was the reason I am asking you for a help
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry but you didn't answer me query, I should get a satisfied answer by you whether you raise it up for others or not...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am unhappy with your answer, why did you charge me?