Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I have a 2004 C230. New radio put in today. It stopped working

Customer Question

I have a 2004 C230. New radio put in today. It stopped working and PROD came up. Took it back to Carlton Mercedes. What's the problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The radio was replaced. It worked for 30 seconds. Then no sound PROD shows up on the display. Took it back t the dealer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. Back to the dealer
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi im kevin was this stereo brand new or second hand ?