Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Pearl, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2011 Winnebago Via with a 2010 Mercedes Turbo diesel. I have owned for about years and during that time I've a problem loosing power intermittently. It happens at different speeds and seems to occur when accelerating. Mercedes has looked at times and can never find the problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, but if I can't I at least want to have more info to give the Mercedes shop.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have little info on where to start.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: When the engine looses power I've noticed the accelerator pedal unresponsive. I have to come to a complete stop and turn the engine off. When I restart I have full power as if nothing had happened.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I have seen issues with a restricted fuel filter needing replaced for this fault here as well as an issue with the turbo boost hoses breaking free from the intercooler itself.I would have these checked into to see if any of these are the cause here needing repaired or replaced for this fault.If these have already been checked into and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would really like to talk with someone who has experience with my specific engine. 2010 Mercedes Sprinter V6 Turbo Chared Diesel. Do you know if any other tech at Just Answer has this experience.
Thanks for response .
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete