Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Thank you maybe later glad you are available JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

thank you maybe later glad you are available
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok r230 with a b1829 code from the state battery I am wandering what can be said about the component fuse
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery in the front was changed and the code will not subside
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: the front battery is good and the rear battery was changed also I have the red battery light on the spedometer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what kind of scan tool are you using? there is not a way for the code to erase or go away without having the codes erased with a mercedes style scan tool. the code will remain until the code is erased and the warning will stay on the dash regardless of the battery state. so you may have fixed the issue but the warning will remain. hope this helps. Lou P. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !