Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

S550 4matic: I have a 08 s550 4matic and the pasenger side

Customer Question

Hi I have a 08 s550 4matic and the pasenger side head lamp and the pasenger side rear fog lamp are not working can you please
Thanks Kurt from Chicogo
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello Kurt, first off there is only 1 fog lamp in the rear so it does not confuse drivers to think that the brakes are being pressed, now as for the head light what i suggest to do is to take the drivers side bulb and ignitor and swap it to the passenger side and vice versa, that will tell me a lot if its the headlight module or not, if the passenger side still does not work after swapping the light and ignitor then the module that attaches to the headlight unit under neath can be the issue,. most times they got corrosion into the module and caused issues such as this. and the whole bumper needs to come out to remove and check the headlight module, you may be able to access it from underneath that one may have room, i think its the drivers side that you have no room to work with. Lou P.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks Lou P. I will look in to the module I did put a new lamp in with the igniter and didn't work
Thanks Kurt
PS thanks for the info on the fog lamp
hello Kurt i still recommend swapping side to side, that would make me more comfortable with the diagnosis. i am a see it to believe it kind of guy, rather then , try everything in the system if you know what i mean. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !