Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How do i access the trunk through the cabin of my 2008 sl550 Is

Customer Question

how do i access the trunk through the cabin of my 2008 sl550
Is there a way to remove the panel behind the seats?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay i had just came online and seen your question, do you have the metal key? the key that pulls out from the inside of the plastic key? the only way into the trunk is by opening the trunk itself. we can do this manually with the metal key.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried metal key, no luck
The problem is the trunk lid is completely closed on passenger side and the drivers side is stuck up about an inch. This apparently happened during attempt to put down hardtop
Now trunk lid seems to be jammed
I thought the only way to access trunk would be through rear panel in cabin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any ideas?
sorry for the delay i had just had a issue like this and something had come loose near the hinge, in order to open the trunk you need to insert the key and turn it to the left to the 11 o'clock position then while holding it there you need to pull the trunk handle to manually pop it, then the trunk will open. then you can see where the trunk will pivot. you cannot go through the cabin because the fuel tank is in the middle of the car. let me know if you get the trunk open. again sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You are the man!!
Got it open, now the drivers side hinge is still about an inch higher than passenger side. Doesn't seem to want to reset. How do I get the hinges level again, I'm sure it is some sort of electrical reset
Thanks again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will not do anything electronically right now
so sorry for the delay, can you upload a few pictures? i have yet to see one in person with a tweaked or loose hinge but a customer of mine one time showed me via facetime that is how i knew what to try. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! it will not do anything because the switches that tell the module the position of the roof are most likely damaged or loose.
here are the instructions