Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

E300d: I have a 1997 Mercedes e300d. I can hear the fan blowing

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Mercedes e300d. I can hear the fan blowing but very little air is coming into the cabin. Is there a loose vacuum line causing my vents to not have air coming in or is there a electrical component that has failed? There is a lot of info on the web about the e320 but very little info on the e300 diesel. It is hot and I need the air can you point me in the right direction?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing you need to check if you have restricted air flow is the cabin air filter, if it dirty and plugged up it will affect the air flow and cause a lack of flow. See the steps in the link below to remove and replace it, its located below the glove bot. Take it out and check it. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.