MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I spoke to the person I purchased the car from, A Mercedes

Customer Question

I spoke to the person I purchased the car from, A Mercedes CLK(###) ###-####and he called his mechanic who told him, I have to remove covers in rear of trunk, and manually turn motor until it resets and we hear a "click". does this sound correct?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 12 months ago.
Hello Mike, can you tell me more about your scenario? from what you are saying it is not a service procedure that makes sense at this point.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I THINK I asked u this last week. remote trunk release won`t work,&soft top will not lock.
oh, do you have a copy or link to that chat? you did not appear to ask another question under the same account.
oh i found it, ok well if i am going to help mike i need you to only do the items i suggest, last time i only asked one thing of you and you went and did more that i suggested which is good that you want to fix this but bad because we need to be on the same page and not cause any more issues if something gets messed with that should not have been touched. if not i will have to opt out again as i want to help but i cannot spend a lot of time on each chat especially if we are not going to be on the same page.