MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

1995 MERCEDES S420... Car idling goes up and down once it

Customer Question

1995 MERCEDES S420... Car idling goes up and down once it reaches operating temp.
So I talked to you last week about the car shutting off once it reaches operating temp, that has stopped once we replaced the temp sensor. But now it only has the idle serge once it reaches operating temp
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, again, it seems this car is being difficult lol. so have you inspected the wiring harness to see if the wiring was cracking or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not too sure... I'll ask my dad and let you know... This car is being a real pain in a**... LOL
yea i hear you, the wiring on these cars was problematic in the 90's, they used a poor sheathing so wires can become bare and touch each other and cause all kinds of crazy issues.