Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

This is if available. OK, I replaced they WUR on

Customer Question

This is for Marty if available. OK, I replaced they WUR on the '83 380 SL and I now have approx. 45 lbs. of fuel pressure. I reset the timing because it was off. Now my next object on this car ids the tranny. When it is put into gear, it takes a little while for it to slip into gear. I have not tampered with anything on this yet. The idle is too high also on the engine and I need to get than down also.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait I have not been at work. Delayed engagement is a common problem on this transmission and will require the replacement of the internal rubber seals and clutches. There are no adjustments for the engagement. It might be worth trying a fluid and filter change however. The idle speed is not adjustable. High idle can be caused by improper linkage adjustment or a sticky throttle plate or a fault in the idle control system. I have a lengthy diagnostic procedure for the idle control. Click on the attachment below.