Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My car is stuck in limp mode (first gear). 2007 Mercedes E350 JA:

Customer Question

My car is stuck in limp mode (first gear). 2007 Mercedes E350
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car just went into Limp Mode, stuck in first gear. 2007 Mercedes E350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: it is Sunday and I can take it to Express Oil up the street
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No, it is a good car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.This is done with either a dealers sds machine plugged into your model or a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle (as some are not able to do this).Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the issue here.I can say from experience I have seen shift solenoids as well as transmission rpm sensor failure and transmission valve body failure fairly common on this model needing replaced.I suspect the fault is one of these here needing replaced.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete