Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

S350: , , I want to buy mercedes s350 2006 ,, when I

Customer Question

hi , ,
I want to buy mercedes s350 2006 ,, when I went to inspection agency I got the following report :
-P0060 (status : stored)
Contentious camshaft adjustment (right_) in correct position of exhaust camshaft P0015
-p0810 (0810) status : current and stored MIL: ON
Malfunction of secondary air injection at right bank of cylinders (function chain) P0410
P0814 (0814) status : current and stored MIL: ON
Malfunction of secondary air injection at left bank of cylinders (function chain) P0814
-p0276 (o276) status : stored
Contentious camshaft adjustment (LEFT) in correct position of exhaust camshaft P0022
I need to know what does mean?
is it serious problem and needs too much money to be fixed ?
Should I buy this car in this situation ?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please send me your answer to my email ***@******.***
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The secondary air injection codes most likely relate to a faulty secondary air injection pump.This is common to fail and is usually mounted on top of the engine up front by the radiator.I would have the secondary air system tested to be sure but this is usually most common when setting codes for both banks with it needing replaced.I would say around $350 at the most to have replaced/repaired.This is an emissions codes/fault and will not affect the running operation. The other codes are for timing issues.There were some issues with the cam shaft magnets at fault needing replaced which were usually fairly inexpensive to have replaced probably around $300 to replace them at the most.But there were also issues with the balance shaft gear wearing on the timing chain with the gear wearing to where either the balance shaft or gear were needed as replacement.This can be an expensive repair over $1000 to repair.I would have these codes checked into/tested further to see if it can be found if the magnets alone need replaced or if in fact there is a timing fault here needing repaired or replaced for this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does all these faults affect the performance of the car ?
is it urgent to be replaced and If I left it without repair is it going to be worse and worse ?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
The cam codes/timing issue will affect performance at some point.It may not be now but if any of the timing components do fail at some point it will affect the engine operation and can lead to internal engine damage as well. I would focus most on the cam codes/timing issue here to prevent engine performance issues as well as engine damage.You might see if the seller will help pay or pay for the costs all together. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete