Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

E 500: 2005 Mersedes e500 message Low Battery, Convenience

Customer Question

2005 Mersedes e500 message Low Battery, Convenience Functions Temporarily Unavailable.
Front and rear battery new12.8 and 12.4
Alternater new 13.8 v charge
BCM change from jankyard
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still needing assistance?is the message a white message or red? and if the car runs for a period of time does the warning ever come off the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Message about lov battery is grey color. Sometimes this message change too another : Take note conventional functional available.
ok Alex sorry for the delays, i am usually on a lot during the morning hours and try to be on at night as well but sometimes the kids dont cooperate :)ok so have you had the codes read? what part number is ***** original one and what part number is ***** new one and also what is your vin number? a lot of early bcm's were problematic and could NOT be software updated so they came out with another version that CAN be updated so its possible that you are correct and it is a failed bcm but you replaced it with a failed part as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lou. I have a questions for you. Is it possible this message generate different module?I used scanner for checking voltage bcm and when thereis 12-14v message about lov battery still there. BCM don't have any codes. Maybe bad claster send false message.
its unlikely that the cluster will send faulty readings. not saying that it cannot happen it is just not common and i am not sure if the cluster can do that, if so check for codes inside the cluster, what kind of scanner are you using>?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used ScanPad . Claster don't have any codes.
OK, this is odd, like very odd, there is no reason to have the warning without a code, can you find ANY codes in ANY modules?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CBS C2131
OCP 9068
REARSAM. 9062
Sister diagnoses 930E
CBS ?
SBC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes CBS code C2131 Pressure reservoir faulty and message about this. I ignore this,may problem Low Battery. Two times overnight compile disharget battery.No electric drenig, new batterys,new alternater two BCM and problem still there.
OK, so let me think on this.......