rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Engine will not go to low idle all the time JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

engine will not go to low idle all the time
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sometime when car is being driven you can tell the car will idle at a stop light i don't know when it is going to idle or not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can i will
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. I would start by cleaning the throttle body real good. In most cases that will fix it by removing carbon buildup. If that doesn't fix it, then we will need to attach a scan tool to the computer system and read data associated with idling issues.Thanks, Ron