Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My 2009 E350 battery died and now I have a new battery and

Customer Question

My 2009 E350 battery died and now I have a new battery and the radio does not work
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: No I don't
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The radio does not work...the Bluetooth will not connect the airbags are not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what to try
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No I now have a new battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, its possible that changing the battery either blew a fuse or locked up the radio, do you have the command big screen system or the smaller base radio?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know the difference
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I guess it's the smaller base radio
the fuses we need to check and pull out to see if we can reset the radio are the following, fuse 28 in the left side of the dash, it will be the 4th one from the bottom of the left row, it will be a 25 amp fuse it should befuse 6 in the fuse box on the left side of the trunkif those are ok then we need to pull the radio and check the fuse on the back of it. its pretty easy to remove if you are handy, let ,me know what happens. Lou P.