Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Ml350 rear power tailgate won't latch and stay shut.JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

ml350 rear power tailgate won't latch and stay shut.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Latch mechanism is in open position, can be moved easily to closed position by hand, but won't engage.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: thats it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay , there are a few things that can cause this. I will upload all the bulletins we have.