Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My w140 mercedes asr light came on the dash JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question

My w140 mercedes asr light came on the dash
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car starts as normal but about 2 to 3 minutes the light apperas and the running is rough.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.
Hello, when the asr (accelerated slip reduction) light comes on the dash it means there is a issue with the traction system, now the fact that the engine starts to run bad tells me that there is a issue with the throttle body as the throttle body is electronic and is also tied into the traction system. you will need to have the codes checked to see what is actually failing, hope this helps. Lou P.