Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2001 mercedes ml 430 I need my radio code JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 mercedes ml 430 I need my radio code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The battery die I had to change the battery when I turn on the radio they ask me for a code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello, if you give me your vin number i can get you a radio code :)thanks !
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
4JGAB72E41A227862
Thank you , give me a moment. i will see what code is in the mercedes system.
ok the system shows 42511if you enter the code and press the button under the OK, the radio should start up, if it goes back to CODE then stop!! you will have to remove the radio and get the me serial number off the side of the radio. its possible the radio was changed at one point and the code was not updated. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks
no problem, please do not forget to rate or else i will not be paid for my service, it will not end our chat you can still return to me if needed. thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm sorry for the delay I'm just getting home from work I did what you told me and the code didn't work
Ok :(
So what you need to do now is buy some radio keys and remove the radio and get me the serial number off the side of the radio. Then I can check the code that way. The keys can be bought at Best Buy or Autozone I believe.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I will do thst tomorrow
ok, here are how they look . https://www.google.com/search?q=mercedes+radio+keys&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsp_TZyZ7MAhXGlx4KHQV0CPEQ_AUIBygC you need 2 of them to pull the radio out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok got it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will pick up a pair tomorrow
ok good deal. no rush on my end, i am here when you need me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks
not a problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why I'm being charge $26 and $5 I was only supposed to been charged $18
i do not know about charges, you can contact customer service and they can clear that up for sure. there are links on your end to contact customer service, and since you have not rated its more of a deposit that a payment. from what i understand.