Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 CL 500 AMG with a

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a 2004 CL 500 AMG with a dead battery in the trunk. The manual key lock has been damaged some time ago by a previous owner, it will need to be replaced. I am into the car and am reading about the passenger footwell access. How easy it to get to that area of the car? Does much of the interior need to come out? My car is not equipped with an under hood/bonnet jump point. I looked under the fuse boxes and all around the engine bay. Any help would be appreciate, thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, I did, sorry, it sent before I was done hope that explained the issue, I just want to know how simple it is to access that footwell area of the 2004 CL 500 Merceies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, it is not too difficult to remove the passenger side footwell panel. You will need to remove the floor carpet insert then fold back the carpeting to expose the panel. Remove the Styrofoam board then remove the retainers on the panel and wiggle it out of the opening. I've attached a video below.Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.