Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C230: C230 2000. Battery tests fine. No turnover when key turns.

Customer Question

C230 2000. Battery tests fine. No turnover when key turns. Whirring sound under hood.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.
Hello, do you have a second person to assist? you need to have someone crank the engine while you watch to see if the crank and pulleys do turn , we need to establish if the whirring sound is the starter not engaging or the engine cranking but has no compression .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I will try that tonight. Not that I know what in looking for but I will figure it out.
ok all you are looking for is to see if the front of the engine where the belt and all the pulleys are , move, so we can establish if the engine is in fact turning or if it is just the starter turning, when the starter cranks it should spin AND kick out to turn the engine over, so based on your complaint i am wanting to establish what is happening so i know how to advise. hope this makes sense, i will also send over a phone chat offer, it may be easier to facetime or talk. whatever works for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took another person out with me. We watched and saw no movement the first time but heard a clank/grind as I turned off the key. Tried it again and it started up. So we drive it to our local mechanic shop just in case!
lol ,like going to the doctors office lol, ok so i guess let me know if i can assist with a second opinion or whatever you may need or if the shop needs some help. i will do what i can . Lou P . Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !