Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Marty. 1996 sl320., 34k ***** *****. both roll top light

Customer Question

Hi Marty. 1996 sl320., 34k ***** *****. both roll top light switch and convertible control swith came on, sunday. Stuck on. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both switches on, no effect on controls.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ready, paid and waiting.
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait I was away last night. If both switches are illuminated it indicates a fault in the convertible top module. You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes then reconnect the cable and see if the lights turn off. If they remain on you will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to read out the fault codes in the convertible top control module. Often times low battery voltage will cause faults in the system. Once the low voltage fault codes are erased the top will function normally.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was the information I provided helpful?Please let me know.Marty