Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

320ml: 320 ml 2001 Talked to two dealers, tore car apart,

Customer Question

320 ml 2001 Talked to two dealers, tore car apart, cannot find right side airbag impact sensor code A54/1
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Hi, A54/1 is not in my list for the air bag. Do you have a part number for the sensor?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Using icarsoft scanner tells me the right side airbag impact sensor is faulty may be mistaken on code
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Do you have the last 8 digits of the vin number?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1A270429
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
What is your fault code?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1A270429 Cannot find paper with scan test notes at the moment. If there is indeed is such a part, mentioned by the scanner, mentioned by dealer mechanic, and shown in an online repair manual, where is it?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
I think you are getting some bad information. There is no such sensor used on the ML.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are side airbags in the doors. What signal to the module triggers them?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Did I lose you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, just asked a simple question!How does the control module know to trigger side airbags if there are no side impact sensors?Dealer mechanic said they are under carpet by belt retractor-not there. Online manual shows them in that area yet not to be found.
Why does scanner adjusted for that year and model say nonexistent item is faulty?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to leave. Please email your answer on how system works as I asked. If you cannot do any better than this, I want to cancel the free trial since continuing and paying for advice is not going to work?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
I'm away until later tonight. I can tell you how the system works but that was not your original question. Your original question was for the location of the A54/1 sensor and I told you that the sensor does not exist on this car.
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Do you still want my help? Your last reply to me sounded a little impatient. I'm not sure if you understand how the website works. You may have made a deposit but I do not get paid unless you click on a positive rating for my help. I have already answered your original question. I told you that you were getting incorrect information and that there is no A54/1 on this model year. If you had asked your question here before you took the entire car apart I could have saved you a lot of work. Now you are requesting more information from me which I will gladly provide as long as I have your assurance that you will click on a positive rating so I can get paid. Let me know if you wish to continue.
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Looks like you aren't going to reply. Would you like a refund?