Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

S430: How to fix codes C1122, C1123, C1132, C1517 and P2013

Customer Question

How to fix codes C1122, C1123, C1132, C1517 and P2013 on a 2004 S430?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Code P2013 indicates a heavy leak in the evap purge system.The evap fuel tank emissions system needs checked/tested to locate any leaking hoses or evap components like a canister or evap vent valve needing replaced.The most common cause is a leaking fuel cap not being on correctly or damaged or even incorrect cap for your model.In some cases this testing requires a shop or dealer to inject smoke into the fuel tank to locate any hard to see leaks for repair.Code C1122 indicates a fault in component B24/4 acceleration sensorCode C1123 indicates fault in component B24/6 acceleration sensorCode C1132 indicates fault in component B22/8 level sensorCode C1517 indicates vehicle level critical at front axle This can be due to a fault with a suspension level sensor needing replaced as well as the acceleration sensor.There is also some info on water getting into a level sensors electrical connector causing all of these C codes that are setting here.The sensors connections need checked for water damage and if water is found it needs replaced and the connection either cleaned and re sealed with a new rubber seal on it or replaced.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete