Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

The tailgate on my Mercedes GL450 won't lock. When I hit the

Customer Question

The tailgate on my Mercedes GL450 won't lock. When I hit the button to close it, it acts as if it's going to work as normal, but bounces back open again. When I close it manually, I can make it stay down, but it's not latching/locking, as the tailgate can be lifted back up again, and the interior lights stay on unless manually switched off. All of the other locks work fine. I tried using the key fob, the button inside the door, inside the vehicle and my viper system via the phone app, and each respond the same way, so I'm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, so I'm guessing it's the actual latch that's broken, but wasn't sure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, yes you are correct, the latch is the issue, here are a couple of links to common issues but the latch is 99.999999% the issue :)let me know if you need more assistance, if you slam the door shut manually it may close and be ok until replaced, there is no harm you can do by manually closing it so no worries. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Hello, so sorry to bother you, did you have a chance to look over all the information i have sent you? did you find anything that is helpful?