Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Clk 320: merc clk dash lights dead after loads of error messages

Customer Question

merc clk dash lights dead after loads of error messages and then on restart all dead
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The SRS take to work light was on start up for 2 days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mercedes CLK instrument cluster completely dead car works fine with no instruments ie no speed gauge milage odometer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16217835-250 order id
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay, when you turn on the car do ANY warning lights come on at all? also , when you turn on the headlights does the backlighting for the dash come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no instrumnet is all dead no backlight on at all no instruments working ie no speed gauge milage odometer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and just went to check no warnings lights, come on and no backlights work car just starts and works
ok thanks, ***** ***** check the wiring diagram see what controls the dash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi took out fuse and which was fine put back
started car this morning and power was back ,but back light was yellow and slowly getting brighter with just one error message SRS fault light showing
Ok good deal ! That is both good and bad news. Good news is that we now know the fault is internal to the cluster. Bad news is the same. The fault is internal to the cluster. So the cluster will have to be repaired or replaced. There are companies online that rebuild and fix issues in the cluster. That is the best bet as a new cluster from he dealer is expensive and requires initial programming and coding. But there you go man. The cluster is the culprit. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Hello , are you still needing assistance? is there something keeping you from rating? i will do what i can to assist. Lou p.