Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

S500: I have a 2001 s500 in excellent shape and the ECU was

Customer Question

I have a 2001 s500 in excellent shape and the ECU was stolen. i also have another 2001 s500 parts car that runs and drives. can I use the parts from the parts car to fix my nice one ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, specifically which parts are you wanting to use from the parts car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What ever parts are needed to get my other car running again
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You are not giving me enough information. You said the ECU was stolen. Which ECU are you referring to? Why would someone steal only your ECU? What is the entire history on this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know why anyone would steal at maybe he is a low life ! will u help me or not. if not i want my money back. thanks
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I am not going to be able to help with this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt as much. Mercedes Benz mechanics are above average and well I gave it a shot with your organization. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** can help you with this, if you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you understand I'm trying to use what ever parts in need from one car, to the get the other car running. The other mechanic Marty just didnt seem to .
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
You can use these parts, but they must be programmed to your Vin number, this requires a special scanner to do this, the dealer can do it, but most independant shops now have the capabilties to flash them also, and they are cheaper, but until yu have it flashed, it will NOT work,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help , dont hesitate to ask, and please dot forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, you can come back at anytime and ask follow ups at no charge,Thanks,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reason you wont rate me??