Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

2005 S430. Would like to upgrade my Comand unit to receive

Customer Question

2005 S430. Would like to upgrade my Comand unit to receive Sirius satellite. Apparently MB had an upgrade but it has been discontinued. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Want to upgrade Comand unit of 2005 W220 to receive Sirius satellite
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm open to any solution but likely would prefer professional assistance
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello , unfortunately you are correct, the add on has been discontinued, and there is almost 0 chance of finding all the individual pieces to get the system to work, the best alternative is to get a sat radio module from best buy and have it wired in professionally, i used to hook them up all the time and custom install them into the ashtray so to make a cleaner install. there is another alternative, i have not personally installed one but they seem to have good feedback is a aftermarket radio installation such as the link below see if that is something you would be interested in. i hope this helps. there are limited options unfortunately. let me know if you need more assistance, thanks, ***** ***** take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Hello, so sorry to bother you are you still needing assistance?if there is anything i can do to help i am glad to do so, please let me know as i would like to earn the 5 star rating , thanks!