Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My Merceds GLK will not start

Customer Question

My Merceds GLK will not start
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If it will not crank over with the key at all and the electronics are either not working or dim or some not working at all this can indicate an weak or dead battery needing either jump started or recharged then tested to see if it needs replaced.If the electronics are working with the key on or push button pushed in but the engine starter is not engaging to crank over the engine this can indicate a fault with the starter itself needing replaced or an issue with the ignition switch needing replaced.This will have to be tested further to locate and repair this issue here.If the starter is engaging but the engine is not starting this can indicate a fault with a weak fuel pump or crank sensor failing as this is common. These are the most common causes for this fault here all depending on what is occuring as the issue.This does need to be checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete