MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

My name is ***** ***** and i am having the seats recovered

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and i am having the seats recovered for 1984 380 SL merc. I am looking for instructions and special tools required to remove trim and dismantle the seats. As well as which replacement parts would be appropriate to stage? I don't want to drop this seat onto a guy and find there are 3 special mercedes tools required to dismantle the seat and replace the covers.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: question: how to remove the seat back from the supports that attach to the lower sides of the seat back, joining it to the seat cushion.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am cancelling this question and stopping payment. Sorry if you have spent any time, but the price was much higher than quoted at the time i entered the question and since i had not the time to wait for your answer, i solved it through another means. I like this service, and hope to return. This time it did not work out. Colin
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If there is anything else we can help with on this here let me know. Thanks Pete