sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

We had it in shop it had 77,000 miles on it, when

Customer Question

We had it in shop for repairs it had 77,000 miles on it, when we got it back shows 129,000. How do we get this back to miles, mechanic can't do this?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No, we had just purchased this @ Auction, so title oil change sticker, everything did show 77,000, he's not a Mercades mechanic but repairs all our cars, had check engine light on it something to do with emissions?
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: Runs great, miles are just different!
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No miles are just not right?
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The only way they could have changed the mileage is if a used component such as an instrument cluster was installed, and it came out of a vehicle with the amount of miles currently showing.Do you know exactly what was replaced?