MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

Need to replace R170 S69/11 roof open/close switch JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

need to replace R170 S69/11 roof open/close switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: top open cycle works fine until the roof is in the trunk, motor continues to run but the trunk lid does not close. So I don' think the car thinks the roof is all the way in the trunk yet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, i have a file for the rood that i made , i will need you to accept a offer so i can email it to you as i dont like to give all of the info on the site for all to see. and i can get you as much info as you need to help you diagnose this and fix the roof. Lou P.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already paid $31, I need to pay $5 more?
WELL the issue i have is that when i post the file it is there for all to see if they google it, so i lose out in the end, and you set the fee you pay not me, and 36$ is a lot less than 140$ a hour at a dealer, so its your call, if not i will have no problems opting out so another expert can help, i have spent a great deal of time to gather the info and it is everything and then some for the rood systems. if you are not interested in that then i will supply just the requested info. im not trying to play hard ball but i cant give away all my secrets :)either way is fine with me i want to help.