Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Mercedes mechanic

Customer Question

Mercedes mechanic
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you tell me your question here on your model? Let me know.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have 97 e320
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Start up fine sometimes then start up rough idle like it's choking won't move won't reeve up what culd that be ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,.Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself right now. Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are setting with this issue here using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Culd it b Fuel pump relay or fuel filter hesitate sometimes I did it said plug 6 I change alll plugs coil packs all three
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
This is one of the common causes here in allot of cases with a weak fuel pump acting up intermittently causing the rough starting and running.I have seen fuel pumps act up internally intermittently causing this fault here.I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if the fuel pump and filter need replaced to correct this issue here.One other common component I have seen act up like this here is a fault with the mass air flow sensor itself.It can send incorrect signals on how much air is entering the engine and cause this fault.If the fuel system is tested and found to be o.k. I would suspect the mass air flow sensor as a fault here needing replaced.This will have to be checked into/tested further to be sure. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its kind of btw those three fuel pump,fuel filter or Mass air flow sensor ?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Those are the main 3 I see that would cause a fault like this here.It is very possible another component is acting up intermittently but this sounds to be more fuel related and can be an issue with the fuel pump itself intermittently acting up as this is most common needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete