Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My name is ***** ***** Bernard and I'm having problems

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** Bernard and I'm having problems with left brake light on 2006 ML350. Bulb replaced but will still not working. All other lights working okay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Changed bulb; just will not work. How to I troubleshoot or change the harness.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, the bulbs are control module controlled, so if you replace a burnt bulb what you need to do is turn the headlights to the "O" off position and close the doors and lock and unlock the car, then start it and turn the lights back on and see if it functions, it should if the contact plate and wiring and socket are ok, so make sure you check all the connections as the metal plate melts and distorts also the tabs on the bulb socket burn as well. if all is ok then you may have a issue with the rear sam control unit that controls the bulbs. let me know if you need more assistance. i will do my best to assist. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Hello, checking back to see if there was anything that was keeping you from rating me 5 stars, if so please let me know so i can do my best to assist , thanks, ***** *****
hello so sorry to bother you, are you still needing assistance?