Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

When I go t accelerate quickly, the car lurches and

Customer Question

When I go t accelerate quickly, the car lurches and shudders. Under normal (non-aggressive) acceleration it behaves normally and shifts gears with no problems.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the check engine light has come on with this issue here at all the first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.This needs done with either a dealers sds machine or a compatible scan tool that connects to your vehicle and can communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.I have seen issues with the mass air flow sensor cause this issue needing replaced as well as a partially restricted fuel filter.With a mass air flow fault under quick acceleration it sends incorrect air flow data to the engine computer and can cause this here.With a partially restricted fuel filter it causes a restriction under quick acceleration and is most common for this fault here.If this has not been replaced in the last year or 12,000 miles it needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete