Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Trouble code said Cylinder 4 and 6 were not firing.) I have

Customer Question

(Trouble code said Cylinder 4 and 6 were not firing.) I have a 2000 C280 Sport with the 6 cyl. What it is, is that when I accelerate quickly the car fouls out like it is running on 4 cylinders. If you turn the car off and then back on it will drive normal as long as you don't get on it. I have replaced all spark plugs and put new plug wires on. Tested it and it still does it. But new coil packs on 4 and 6.
And still does the same thing.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, assuming that the engine is sound I would check for water in the fuel rail or bad injectors or a plugged catalytic converter. You can drain the fuel rail at the pressure port. To check for a plugged catalytic converter you will need to remove the front oxygen sensor on the left side and drive the car with the sensor removed. If the misfire does not occur with the sensor removed it indicates a plugged converter.Let me know if you need further assistance. PLEASE NOTE: You must rate my service in order for the website to pay me for helping you.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any questions?
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
I have not heard back from you. Did you get this resolved?