Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My 2008 s550 4matic drives great except metallic humming/rubbi

Customer Question

My 2008 s550 4matic drives great except for the metallic humming/rubbing sound. The sound gets louder as I accelerate, I have no problems braking or turning. The sound is not present when reversing.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. There are some common issues with a hub bearing failing, but most of the time this noise comes from a failing front axle or an issue with the differential. If there is a differential bearing failure then this will occur. These need to be checked, typically by draining the fluid and checking it for metal. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, can you provide me with the vin number? if you have the abc suspension there is a common issue with the pulsation dampener on the abc tandem pump. you may hear and feel the noise at your left foot on the floor. ??
also how many miles are on the car?
hello are you still needing assistance?