Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Butch JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have a 1983 mercedes sl convertible euro verison it does not get fuel to the engine. we have replaced the fuel filter, the pump will not run off the car electrical system however we can energize the pump with a charger and it will run.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: we can start the car with ether but fuel will not flow
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, if the fuel pump does not run when cranking the motor you will need to replace the fuel pump relay. The relay is located behind the glove box. You will need to remove the glove box liner in order to access the relay.Let me know if you need anything else. PLEASE NOTE: You must rate my service in order for the website to pay me for helping you. If you do not rate my service on this question I do not get paid.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. I see that you viewed my answer but never rated my service on this question. Was the information I provided helpful?Please let me know.Marty