Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I just got my airbag replaced under recall in my 2008 c300

Customer Question

I just got my airbag replaced under recall in my 2008 c300 and my car keeps dying can't even jump start it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. This sounds like the alternator is NOT working and can't even stay running with a bad battery trying to run off the alternator. You need to have the complete staring and charging system tested.Thanks, Ron
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an actual Mercedes Benz Technician. this sounds like a failing crankshaft position sensor, i noticed you said the car KEEPS dying, that tells me that it shuts off on you but eventually you are able to restart it. does this sound like what is happening?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
My apologies, I accidentally clicked on the wrong link.Ron
Here is the location of the crank sensor.