Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My radio cannot play mp3. I have a 2004 e320 sedan. JA:

Customer Question

Hi! My radio cannot play mp3. I have a 2004 e320 sedan.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing else
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello can you tell me what the model of the radio you have fitted?it should be printed on the front of the unit somewhere
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My radio is the original radio that came with the car.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello Ok if you have the single disc head unitYou may want to try a head unit software update with MB USA Special Tool (service disc) #W211589122200 whihc is available from your dealer as you should be able to play MP3 CD's after this software updatePower up head unitPress "Audio" hardkeyInsert service disc (will start automatically)Head unit will power off and then restartEject discIf this does not work I would suggest changing out the AUDIO50 (cassette) with a COMAND headunit or install a 6-disc MP3 CD changer.